What a weekend we had! It was busy busy busy. But what is new?
Friday afternoon we went over to husband's parent's weekend home (beach trailer) to visit. They were down and doing some redecorating. She picked up a slide at our local thrift store, and the boys love to slide down it.
Saturday was a busy day for me. I had a meeting in Jacksonville, so I had preparations that needed to be done. Plus we were trying to get some weeds/vines pulled off of the fence in the back yard. The boys rode in the truck with dad to unload some yard debris, and also to haul off an old couch from the trailer. After I got home from my meeting, one of our neighbors came over to play. She's 3 months older than the boys. It was her parents' anniversary, so they enjoyed a nice dinner at home -- alone! -- and the boys got to play with her. They were thrilled.
And then came Sunday morning. It started off like any other Sunday morning. I got up at the crack of dawn to shower and dress for early church. Husband was preparing to take a shower, and the boys and I were eating our breakfast. All morning S had been clingy. Then we found out why. He got sick, all over me! This happened a few more times over the next 2 hours. He took a 2.5 hour nap and woke up feeling much better. We are staying home today. No Mother's Morning Out, but he's doing much much better.
Later this morning we will go outside and play with the firetruck, and probably ride in the borrowed bike trailer our friend so graciously offered us. Maybe a little housework. Next weekend is Memorial Day. Wow! Summer's almost here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment