Monday, July 9, 2007

Back from the Wild Wild Weekend

We are back! Husband's sister got married this weekend, so on Thursday we all loaded up in dad's SUV and drove down for the wedding. It was a great time, and a weekend of firsts for B & S.

Their first elevator ride.

Their first stay in a hotel.
(yes their feet are black, because apparently the hardwood floor in the hallway of our room had NEVER been mopped.)


S's first shag dancing with mom.

Their first swim in a swimming pool.


Their first ferry ride!
We were so glad to come home. They had a great time and played hard, as evidenced by the fact that S slept for almost 3 hours on the drive back yesterday! He actually slept through the ferry ride.


What else? Well, just as the reception was about to start, I was holding B and began to feel, shall I say, warm. Oh yes, B had just emptied his bladder and it went on ME! Did I forget to mention that both husband and I were in the wedding? So I had to walk into the reception to be INTRODUCED with wetness on my bridesmaid dress. Fortunately I held my flowers in the perfect position so it was not obvious. And thank goodness it was after all of the family pictures had been taken.
It was a great weekend, but we are all so very glad the wedding is over. And we are back to normal life, in our own house where the floors do not make our feet black!




No comments: