Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cold, Drinking through a Straw

B has a new word: cold. He understands how to use it. Before bedtime, either husband or I will sit both boys in our lap, cover their legs with a blanket, and let them hold their bedtime lovey animals while we read them books. B now will stick his feet out from the blanket and say "col col". His feet are cold!

B and S can drink through a straw now. This morning we were playing outside, so I fixed all of us water cups and snacks. Of course they had sippy cups and I had the large cup with a straw I brought home from the hospital (we call it my $10,000 cup). Next thing I know, S has gotten my cup and is drinking a lot of water out of the straw! Then B did it! They were quite proud of themselves, and as we walked around the neighborhood in the wagon, they took turns drinking all of my water!

It's been warm so we've been playing outside as much as possible. S can even say "outside" and he throws tantrums when I say it's time to come inside. Fortunately by the time I get him in, kicking and screaming, I turn on the water in the bathroom sink and he comes running to wash his hands. We generally give them a bath every other day, but with all of this outside playing, we might have to move to daily bathes. They would love that. How fortunate we are they like to clean themselves. I hear that might change at some point, but we won't think about that now!

No comments: