Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Week

It's a new week. We've had a rough time lately. My grandmother was in the hospital for almost one week, and passed away Thursday evening. We have some great memories; oh how the boys enjoyed playing at her house. She would make faces at them as they played with her walker. And I can't tell you how many 2Liter soft drinks they shook up, as she stored them lined up on the floor. Each boys has some of her qualities: S is always on the go (he loves to say "go go"), and B likes to put things in their proper place/container.

I think B is developing a cold. But he is still asking to play with the "brr" and "pan-pan" which translates into broom and dustpan. That's his favorite toy. S still loves to push his dumptruck and firetrucks around.

B has learned what the cheek and chin are. He loves to learn new words. And we are working on please and thank you. Both boys have learned to say "George", as in Curious George. And Goldilocks has become a new favorite book. That is only at Grandmother's house, so we'll have to work on getting a copy here.

B had some yummy country cooking this weekend while spending time with my family. He loves butter beans, field peas, and corn. S, well, nothing is new in his diet. It is still rather slim, like he is.

A new song has become B's new favorite: Three Blind Mice. I don't know why I never thought to sing this. Grandmother sang it for them this weekend, and B loves it. This Little Light of Mine and The Itsy Bitsy Spider are still at the top of the list as well.

We'll be back later in the week with some new pictures. Right now we are just trying to catch up on life, since we were gone for an entire week. The laundry pile is frightening!

2 comments:

KHB said...

Amanda,
I'm so sorry to read about your grandmother's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Katy

Deidre said...

I found your blog through your comment on Amanda's. My husband is a NC State alumni.

Your boys are precious!