Well, what have we been up to in the last week? Everything. It was such a busy week, busier than most. Meetings, church obligations, Bible studies -- all good things, but they do take time.
Let's see, Ben fell out of the swing and landed on his face. He wasn't hurt, but he got dirt in his mouth, nose, and eye. So we ran into the house (yay for Seth because he came inside immediately and never complained one bit) and cleaned him up. Thankfully all these years of wearing contacts has made me not squeamish about the eye, so I was able to get the dirt out. Poor fellow!
The time change! Yes, it has caused the boys to sleep longer in the morning, and I think it's because it doesn't get light outside as early. It is nice at times, and not so convenient at other times.
Both Ben & Seth are doing really well washing their hands. They need supervision, and need someone to squirt the soap onto their hands, but they can actually do the washing on their own!
Ben's excited that when he turns 3 he can go to children's church. I had to teach children's church (cc) yesterday, so we all went to the early service, Sunday school, and then the boys left while I stayed through the 11am service and cc. Husband was explaining why I was staying later at church, was explaining cc, and Ben exclaimed, "I want to go to children's church!" I don't think he knows that he has to be potty trained first. That might be a problem. I see 3 coming before the potty training.
Speaking of potty training, at the daycare where they go one morning per week, their teacher has been sucessful in having them try to use the potty. They came home last Thursday wearing a pink Cinderella pull up. Pink won't do for our boys, so while at WalMart yesterday I bought some pull ups with trucks on them. Much better. They don't like to wear them here, so I'll just send them to the day care.
On the way home from WalMart yesterday, I calculated how much we've spent over the last almost-3 years on diapers. Let's just say it's a lot. More than 2 months of mortgage payments. And I believe I was making a conservative estimate. The sales clerk and I were lamenting the price of diapers, which is what got me thinking.
They still love to play with their trucks, as well as their markers. We tried to have a play doh morning on Friday, but all they wanted to do was take it out of the container, and then put it back in so they could have another color. That was annoying to me. So I need to ask the day care lady how they do it.
Nothing very interesting has occurred in the last week. Well, we did go out to eat at a local restaurant on Saturday night, and the boys enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich, potato chips (what a treat for them!), and one cookie for dessert. The funniest sight was that their milk was served in a to-go coffee cup, with the lid. So that's how the boys drank their milk. I took a picture of Ben because it looked like my little ones were drinking coffee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the time change. The boys adjusted quickly to going to be earlier, but the best part is that they still sleep an hour later. I don't see Luke being potty trained before his 3rd birthday, I'm more hopeful with Ryan. Greg asks me every time he has to buy more diapers how much longer. I hope that he hasn't calculated how much we've spent. He does know how much each diaper costs (about 23 cents each).
Post a Comment