Well friends, it's been a loooooong time. Here are the new updates on our favorite boys, and then some pictures that don't necessarily go with the updates.
S is out of the crib. He kept crawling out, so we just took the drop rail side off and put up the child safety rail -- the kind you can put under the mattress on a regular bed. He does pretty well.
B is still in the crib. He doesn't seem to be able to crawl out, so I'm not encouraging it.
Sometimes in the mornings when they are awake but I haven't gone to get them yet, S will get out of his bed and get the basket of books we read before bed time. He will give them to B who loves to read them in his crib. It is very sweet.
B is saying all kinds of words. Light, door, down, chair, man, pig, cow, rug, and will repeat just about anything you say. He really likes to say "no no", and we are trying to teach him that is not appropriate to say to adults. Recently husband asked B to help put the blocks away and B's response was "no no".
S can say words, but he's not as verbal as B. Don't get me wrong, he can talk, he just isn't going to be chatty. I don't think S will stand still long enough to talk. He's too busy running here and there.
They are both loving Sesame Street, and Elmo in particular. Oh that brings up some other words they can say: MoMo (Elmo), Burt, Ernie, Grover, Big Bird. They don't say these clearly, but they make really good attempts, and since these words usually are said while watching Sesame Street, it's not too hard to figure out.Back to Sesame Street. A few weeks ago on Sesame Street the children were putting their arms out to the side "flying" like an airplane. S does this, except he puts his arms straight back behind him and runs around. It's really funny. I will try to get a picture of this. Getting pics of S is hard. He's in constant motion so they are usually blurry.
In January the boys stayed with my in-laws while husband and I were chaperons on the church's youth group ski trip. The in-laws were supposed to get snow, so my mother-in-law (MIL) went to WalMart to try to find the boys some boots to wear. A picture of them is shown below. They LOVE these shoes. I can't tell you how excited S was to get some boots. It took B a while to warm up to them.

I'm getting really sleepy so I might have to save some stuff for a later post.
Recently illness has striken our house. Friday afternoon at 4:30pm, S threw up for the first time in his entire life of 21 months. I immediately wanted to take him to the doctor, but husband, being more prudent than I at the time, said we should wait. He got sick a couple more times and then seemed to be better. I called the nurse and spoke with her on Saturday morning, and she basically said keep him on a bland diet for 24 hours and see what happens. He recovered quickly.
Then, this afternoon I was at a meeting and husband called. B had just gotten sick. It looks like he's caught the stomach bug too. He had such a rough night. We ended up sitting on the kitchen floor - just sitting there for at least 30 minutes. He didn't want me to sing or read a book, he just wanted to sit in my lap on the floor. I think he's better. He held down 2 saltines and a cup of water.
Enjoy the pictures!
Oh yeah, the boys go to Mother's Morning Out at our church on Monday mornings now. This is their first day.


B loves to read books.

Husband thought this was funny. Oh and yes he has grown a beard. Don't go telling him you like it -- he needs no encouragement.

Coloring while watching MoMo. This is before they ate the crayons.

And this, friends, is S's favorite outfit. His Formula One Racing red vest and his 2007 Women's Open hat. Top it off with mom's shoes and a pacifier, and he is ready to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment