Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Future Garden!

I've been after husband to till up a plot for me to have a garden. Finally, his father loaned us the tiller (for a different project) and we decided to go ahead and till up some garden area! It's going to take a lot of work to get it ready, because that area was natural -- no grass, no care applied to it, but LOTS & LOTS of weeds. Weeds with impressive root systems. I've pulled up a small section of the roots, but then we discovered the tilled area has some poison ivy somewhere, so we have to get rid of that before I can continue. The boys will undoubtedly be digging in the dirt with me, so we need to eliminate harmful things.

I had the boys put on their rain boots for two reasons. First, the weeds are tall and I wanted them to have some protection on their ankles/legs. Secondly, it reminded me of my grandmother wearing her clear plastic galoshes/over shoes to the garden in the mornings!






Seth did not like the noise of the tiller, so he was standing off to the side by himself.

No comments: