No we haven't adopted a pet.
Back during Camp Grandmother, Ben and Seth were treated to happy meals at McDonald's. Of course a little toy comes in a happy meal. They got the same toy, a little black dog with a yellow bandanna (plastic) around his neck.
The boys have really loved their doggies, and have taken to sleeping with doggie. Last week my friend and I took our children out in strollers for a walk. The doggies came with us. And we came in the house with the doggies, and then one doggie somehow disappeared.
For several days Ben hadn't mentioned his doggie. Until nap time yesterday. He had a complete meltdown when I told him we had lost doggie -- he asked for it. I didn't bring it up! I finally convinced him we would look for it when Daddy got home from work. Once Ben went to sleep, I called the hubs and told him to high-tail it to Mickey D's on the way home and get us another doggie!
Ben woke up from his nap happy, and I think he had forgotten about doggie. So when husband came in from work he pulled a doggie out of his pocket! Ben thinks the dog was in his coat pocket all along. And we are so very fortunate because according to the McDonald's lady, they only had a few toys left.
We all celebrated with the french fries from the happy meal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment