Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, friends & family! and Happy 20 month birthday to the boys!

We had a great Christmas. We are fortunate that all of our immediate family lives east of 95, with the exception of husband's sister who lives in Dallas with her husband. They were home for Christmas, and we had a wonderful time visiting with she and her husband, as well as sister #2 who lives in Raleigh.
Santa did stop off at the Boyette house. Actually we were temporarily located in Grifton, but he found us. The boys got small wagons they can pull around in the yard, some PJs, lawn mowers, and many other toys and clothes. Grandmother B got the boys a large stuffed cow and Elmo. B loves Elmo, calls him "momo". Oh how they squeeled over MoMo.

For the past 11 days, husband has been home from work. How we have enjoyed family time. Unfortunately today it was time to return to the real world. We celebrated our last day of freedom yesterday. We played outside, took a walk around the block (in which B decided he did NOT want to ride in the stroller, so husband had to carry him, and B is very heavy), and played with cars and magnets.

Our current "project" is trying to get the boys to eat real food. They don't like regular food, only "toddler" food that Gerber sells, which is expensive. How much easier it would be for them to eat what we have for supper. So we are trying a new method. The boys no longer eat in high chairs. They are big now. They sit in their booster seats at the table with us. I explained that big people eat at the table. We haven't tested the food theory too much yet, mainly because we've eaten random foods for the last few days. (although last night B did enjoy his rice.) It does, however, mean my table cloth is constantly dirty. No matter what I do, it's dirty. I'm going to have to break down and get a plastic cover for the table.

The following pictures are from the Christmas card photo attempts, Christmas, and a few days before. There aren't too many from Christmas, because I didn't seem to snap a picture at all while I was there! Sister-in-law #2 got some really good ones, but I haven't gotten the digital files from her yet.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. 2008 is already shaping up to be a fantastic year!!

S was trying to undress himself in the one above. He did a pretty good job.

S loves to wear my shoes. The following are from Christmas morning:

One small note about the above picture: S is holding the basket my father used to collect eggs when he was a boy.

1 comment:

Kate McDonald said...

SO CUTE! Oh my goodness...my son is 8 months and I can't wait until he's talking and walking...thanks for sharing these and thanks for sharing in the ETJ 08 study.