Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a great holiday, I hope you did!

One of my sisters-in-law lives out of state, and we don't see her often, so when she was able to come home for whole week of Thanksgiving, we made a bee-line for her! The boys had lots of fun at Grandmother & Granddaddy B's house, especially with their aunts, uncle, and dog-cousins.

The boys had their first trip to Parker's. We went on Wednesday night, and even Seth ate. I was beside myself with amazement. He ate bbq, fried chicken, potatoes, and hush puppies. With milk. Milk makes everything YUM! Ben ate well too.

The actual day of Thanksgiving was fun. We went to another family member's house and joined lots of loved ones in celebration of the day. Both boys ate well. Ben is not a fan of butter beans, much to our dismay. His grandparents grow these in the garden and they are always so yummy. But oh well, I guess that just means more for me! Seth likes them (strange!). Seth is also on a carrot fix. He loves them. Yay! One more veggie to add to the approved list.

We were all sad to return home, but at the same time thrilled to be in our own beds. I've been catching up with grocery shopping, emails, laundry, and housework this week. OH, and it's 3 weeks before Christmas! So I better get busy!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Here are a few pictures.


We went to the NCSU vs Miami football game. It was really really cold, and rained just a bit. We've actually shed some of our clothing here. Did I mention it was cold? (I see Blogger is still being weird with my typing.)

Grandmother saved all of her children's toys, so the boys are playing with their aunts' "waffle blocks" and their Grandmother made them a train. They're really excited!
Ben is French.
Ben & daddy on Thanksgiving.
Seth on his "little bed" at Grandmother's. There weren't enough beds for all, but Seth was thrilled with his pallet. Ben had a small crib mattress on the floor, and he kept rolling off it. He is a violent sleeper. I already feel sorry for his wife. They might need twin beds.
Ben at Parker's for his first time, eating a chicken leg.
Seth enjoying his first trip to Parker's.
The boys playing on their swingset at their Grandparents' house. Brian had been cutting down some trees, hence the overalls.

No comments: